Inov8 X-Talon 212 Unisex Trail Running Shoes
Race and run super-fast over soft or extreme terrain with this flexible, lightweight trail running shoe. The X-Talon 212 is the number one choice for elite athletes wanting to run fast off-trail. A fast and protective shoe that delivers consistent grip on softer, looser terrain.
Inov8's precision fit offers a close-fitting heel that locks the shoe in position, whilst a wider toe box allows the toes to splay when running naturally or lifting weights. Precision fit suits those who like a tighter and more secure fit allowing the runner to focus on the activities ahead.
Met-Cradle/Synthetic Mesh Upper
The Inov8 X-Talon 212 Trail Running Shoes are composed of a synthetic Mesh which covers the upper for lightweight, breathable coverage. The ventilated construction actively allows air to permeate the interior footbed for reliable freshness to the feet. Get more miles out of your shoes: Industry-leading lightweight upper material increases durability. The material, combined with the new mesh tongue, further aids shoe breathability and comfort.
The upper construction is covered with a DWR (durable water repellent) treatment, this is water resistant and breathable layer that provides partial weather protection from rainy days but does not fully diminish the effect if the weather gets more intense.
Cradling the upper structure, Inov8's Met-Cradle is a synthetic webbing upper that links the eyelets and supports the forefoot, providing a secure fit and feel. It locks the foot in place for a superior hold, bringing the material closer to the foot for better flexibility and responsiveness. Working parallel to this feature, The rand wraps around the shoe's upper to ensure outstanding protection against stones and other debris, reducing wear and tear and giving an extension of life to the shoe.
Finally, a TPU Lacing System uses TPU lacing supports for a strong, lightweight and secure fit. Working in unison with the eyelets, securing and supporting the foot through transition and enjoy more protection. A reinforced toe box delivers outstanding protection on descents, and against stones and other debris.
Injected EVA/2 Arrow Shoc-Zone Midsole
The midsole for the Inov8 X-Talon 212 is set with an Injected EVA Foam for resilient cushioning with maximum memory retention. The active compound reduces resistance and forces pressed upon the underfoot, engaging a smooth stride through transition and over uneven grounds.
The X-Talon 212, 2 Arrow Shoc-Zone provides moderate underfoot cushioning and a 6 mm heel-to-toe drop. This is Inov8's medium level of cushioning on their 0-4 arrow scale. As this takes place a Fascia Band running from the heel to the forefoot acts as a rigid lever arm, releasing energy with each step and propelling the runner forward.
X-Talon/Meta-Flex groove Outsole
The X-Talon 212 features an off-trail outsole built with an aggressive lug pattern. It is ideal for loose rock, grass, mixed terrain or mud. Embedded with X-Talon compound, it maximises durability, traction and control, for optimal floor fighting grip. The sticky Rubber helps for optimal performance and maximised grip in wet conditions. Working alongside, Meta-Flex groove is located at the forefoot to encourage natural forefoot flex during toe-off. the small cutaways on the outsole increase flexibility and further reduce weight.
- Synthetic Mesh - Covers the upper for lightweight, breathable coverage.
- DWR (durable water repellent) treated upper - Is water resistant and breathable.
- Met-Cradle - Is a synthetic webbing upper that supports the forefoot and provide a secure fit.
- TPU Lacing System - Uses TPU lacing supports for a strong, lightweight and secure fit.
- Performance Last - Is a close fitting design for a snug fit and optimal performance.
- 2 Arrow Shoc-Zone - Provides modorate underfoot cushioning and a 6mm heel-to-toe drop. This is Inov8's 3nd lowest level of cushioning on their 0-4 arrow scale.
- Injected EVA Foam - For resilient cushioning with maximum memory retention.
- Fascia Band running from the heel to the forefoot - Acts as a rigid lever arm, releasing energy with each step and propelling the runner forward.
- X-Talon - Is an off-trail outsole built with an aggressive lug pattern. It is ideal for loose rock, grass, mixed terrain or mud.
- Sticky Rubber - For optimal performance and maximized grip in wet conditions.
- Meta-Flex groove - Is located at the forefoot to encourage natural forefoot flex during toe-off.
- Fit - Precision Fit.
- Drop - 6mm.
- Weight - 212g.
Founded in 2003, Inov8 is one of the world's leading all-terrain footwear, apparel and equipment brands. Operating in over 60 countries, they pride themselves on designing high quality, innovative products in both the running and performance training sectors.
Inov8's origins and footprints remain firmly etched into the muddy British fells but over the years they have optimised their products to meet the needs of the many terrains people have travelled. Those who use Inov8 products seek fearlessness, adventure and to discover their edge. Now under the ownership of Descente - a Japanese sportswear maker with an 80-year history of craftsmanship and excellence - and with Inov8 founder Wayne Edy still at the heart of product innovation, the future is packed with exciting possibilities.Manufacturer product code - INO000150BKRDP01
Inov8 X-Talon 212 Trail Running Shoes - AW17 Red INO1234 Women - Running Shoes SRFQMMY